All About That Cheese
I couldn't finish out National Grilled Cheese month in April without trying out one new creation. My next experimentation? A grilled BLT with egg and cheese! The result was too delicious not to share.
In my opinion, things just taste better with bacon, and eggs are a comfort food for me, so I figured why not just add some cheese and grill it all up together. Another handy detail is that these ingredients are frequently stocked in our fridge, so it will be easy to recreate this on a busy "I have nothing planned for dinner" night.
- 4 slices of bread
- 8 slices of cheese (we went with a pepper jack to spice it up)
- 2 slices of tomato
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 fried eggs
- Cook up your bacon. To avoid the smokiness that became our apartment last time, Andy and I opted to bake our bacon this time.
- Heat up your panini maker and slice up your tomato.
- Fry up your eggs. My eggs ended up with solid yolks in the center, but next time I think I'll leave them a little runny .
- Assemble your sandwiches. Bread, cheese, bacon, tomato and lettuce. Feel free to add mayo, mustard, Sriracha, whatever your heart desires if you don't want your bread dry.
- Melt some butter in a dish in the microwave. Using a brush, coat the outer sides of your sandwich bread before placing each sandwich on the panini maker.
- Toast your sandwiches to golden, crunchy perfection and enjoy.
These sandwiches were seriously delicious and will definitely be added to our ever growing grilled cheese sandwich list.