Buffalo Chicken Bowl
Can we just agree that all of the best foods are served up in bowls? Cereal, guacamole, ice cream, burritos. I'm not a big fan of fish, but I'd probably like it a lot of better if I tried eating it out of a bowl.
These buffalo chicken bowls were no different. It was an easy, quick dinner during a week where I had too much to do to spend extra time in the kitchen. Andy even had the important job of putting the chicken into the crock pot to cook, which might have been the most difficult step to the meal.
Buffalo Chicken Bowls
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tbs butter, melted
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Place your chicken breasts into your crock pot. Combine your buffalo sauce and butter in a bowl, and then pour over the chicken making sure to cover the raw meat. Set your crock pot on high for 3 and a half hours.
- Once your chicken has cooked for 3.5 hours, shred the chicken, making sure to stir the mixture so the chicken is coated in the buffalo sauce.
- Prepare your cauliflower by cutting it into bite sized pieces and removing the green base. In a pot on the stove, add your cauliflower, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and steam until you can easily pierce a piece with a fork. Drain any extra water.
- In a bowl, serve the cauliflower with the buffalo chicken mixture, topped with the sliced avocado and bacon and blue cheese crumbles.