Lighter Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze
GUYS. And LADIES. How did I make it this long without making my own pumpkin bread from scratch? It is a game changer. As a lover of all things pumpkin, I'm disappointed in myself for allowing so much time to pass before this momentous occasion.
Just to give you an idea of how good this bread is, here are a few things that it's definitely better than:
- Florida in August.
- Any sunset, ever.
- Either of our current presidential prospects.
- Cuddles with puppies.
And a few things that it might be on par with:
- Florida in October.
- Kitty cuddles.
- Peanut butter.
- Pumpkin s'more donuts.
Don't believe me? Try it out for yourself and let the maple glaze do the talking.
1. Are you as big a fan of pumpkin as I am?
2. What's a recipe you've never made from scratch but are sure you'd love?
Lighter Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease your cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine your sugar and coconut oil and mix.
- Add in your eggs, pumpkin yogurt, and vanilla.
- In another smaller bowl, combine your flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour your flour mixture into your wet ingredients, with the mixer still running on low.
- Once fully incorporated, pour your batter into your pan.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes.
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs milk
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, mixing until a thick glaze is formed. Add more milk if needed.
- Pour over the top of the warm pumpkin bread.