Brown Sugar and Jam Muffins
I am a food prep queen. I spend hours each Sunday prepping my breakfast and lunch for the week. The reason? The last thing I want to do after a long day of work and cooking dinner is try to figure out what the heck I want to eat the next day.
Sunday food prep to the rescue. Last week I took these tasty brown sugar muffins for breakfast at work. The best part? They have a surprise bite of Urban Canning Co's Spiced Apple Stout Jam in the center. Paired with the brown sugar muffin, it's like a healthy apple pie for breakfast.
Side note: Apparently cats are in favor of these muffins. Also had to throw away the muffins used for these pics because she licked them all. Thanks, Dolce.
Brown Sugar & Jam Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup preferred jam
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line your muffin tin with liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine your sifted flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, microwave your butter until fully melted and combine with your egg, syrup, milk, yogurt and vanilla. Add your wet mixture to your larger bowl.
3. Fill each liner with 2/3 cup of the mixture. Once you have filled all of the liners, put a dallop of the jam into the center of each muffin.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.