The husband and I like to celebrate the little things in life. You made it to work on a Monday? Celebratory froyo tonight!
So the fact that Andy had his first full day with the Brave crew on Monday was a can't miss opportunity to celebrate my husband with one of his favorite meals: quiche. He's only been requesting I make it for years. For some reason I had it in my head that there was no way to take the indulgent, savory dish and make it semi-healthy. This recipe proves just how wrong I was...and just how much quiche I've been missing in my life. Thankfully the quiche turned out delicious since this recipe made two whole pies. #quichefordays
- 2 ready made pie crusts (I got lazy, sue me)
- 4 eggs
- 10 slices of bacon
- 4 links of spicy, Italian sausage out of the casing
- 2 peppers
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup fat free cream
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice up the peppers and onions and add them to a pan to saute.
- In a separate pan, cook the bacon and sausage.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and cream. Once combined, add in the peppers, onions, cheese, crumbled bacon, sausage and seasonings.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two pie pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the center is firm.