Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
I am always, always getting bored with my breakfast options since it has to be something that can be consumed in front of my work computer. When planning out my meals for the work week, I spied the sweet potatoes on the counter. Adultish loaded sweet potatoes? Topped with my favorite kitchen staples almond butter and Urban Canning Co jam? Heck. Yeah.
Eating this at work on Monday took me right back to eating my PB&J's at the lunch table in elementary school. The days when I ate PB&J's and didn't have a mortgage to pay. And when I snacked on PB&J's after school before volleyball practice. Or quickly ate a few bites of a sandwich in between jumps into the pool in the middle of summer.
I think I much prefer this adult version of the PB&J, loaded on a sweet potato and topped with almond butter, my now preferred nut butter of choice. And accompanied by strawberry balsamic jam, something my 8-year-old self never would have put onto a sandwich.
Loaded Sweet Potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tbs jam
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, slices
- Poke your sweet potato a few times before baking for 45 - 60 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Once your sweet potato is cooked, allow it to cool for a couple minutes before slicing it down the center.
- Spread the center of the sweet potato halves with the jam.
- Top with slices fruit and drizzle with almond butter.