Peach Upside Down Cake
This is my favorite time of year. Even though the changes are subtle in Florida, you can still feel the difference in the air as the humidity is down and the wind is blowing. Pretty soon we'll be in the 5 months of beautiful weather we get here in the sunshine state.
And just like the changing of the season, this recipe is a merge of summer to fall. While it has fresh summer peaches, the notes of cinnamon make me want to add this to my Thanksgiving baking list.
The real star of the show is Urban Canning Co's Bourbon Vanilla Peaches though. Urban Canning Co never disappoints with any of their products, but these peaches were so full of flavor, especially with a whole cinnamon stick in the jar to give it some extra spice.
How about you? Ready for Fall or holding onto Summer as long as you can?
Upside Down Peach Cakes
- 2 - 3 peaches, cut into thin slices
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbs butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 fat free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease your muffin tin.
- Melt the 2 tbs butter. Spoon into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the butter in the tins.
- Place2 - 3 slices of peach in each of the tins, making sure to mostly cover the bottom.
- In a bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
- In your mixer, cream your butter and eggs.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture while the mixer is on low. Once combined, add in the milk.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each of the muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the centers are fully cooked.