And just like that, Thanksgiving is over and the holiday season is here! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (a whole day centered around being thankful & eating delicious food obviously would be my fav) but it also brings in the holiday season when everyone genuinely seems to be in a more cheerful mood.
You'd think I'd be tapped out on sweets after the delicious apple and pumpkin pie we enjoyed over the weekend, but there is always room for brownies! I'm a huge fan of brownies and always go through seasons where I make them what seems like every week.
These brownies are my new favorite. They are super gooey and soft which is really the only consistency I want my brownie to have. The peppermint candy gives is a festive flare without being overwhelming and perfectly compliments the chocolate. I've already made them twice this week. I regret nothing.
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 candy canes, crushed into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and heavily grease an 8x8 dish.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and peppermint oil.
- Add in the cocoa powder, arrowroot powder, and salt.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and combine.
- Top with crushed candy canes.
- Baked for 25 minutes.